Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Wanderlust



I'm starting this blog with something... I've not written...but felt deep within me...

The Wanderlust has lured me...
The longing grows and grows...
The Wanderlust has got me...
I've tried to break it's spell - in vain...
Imperious it calls,
The Wanderlust, and I must follow it...
For there's no cure,
When you listen to the lure,
Of the Wanderlust...
The Wanderlust has taught me...
It has whispered to my heart...
Things all stay-at-homes will never know...
Haunting, taunting that's the spell of it...
But I'll shoulder my pack in the morning...
And I'm going because I must...
For it's so-long to all,
When you answer the call,
Of the Wanderlust...
The Wanderlust has blessed me...
I've walked with eyes open to the wonder of the world...
Wild heart, child heart, all of the world your home...
Glad heart, mad heart, what can you do but roam?
The Wanderlust will claim me at the finish for its own...
For the Wanderlust has ruled me,
And the Wanderlust has schooled me,
And I'm ready for the darkest of trails...

Adieu,
The Wanderer

6 comments:

rama said...

Welcome to the world of blogging K - from another journey-man!

rama said...

I'd like to share with you some of my journey experiences K - see:

http://inheritance-poesy.blogspot.com/2006/08/log.html

http://inheritance-poesy.blogspot.com/2006/08/journey.html

http://inheritance-poesy.blogspot.com/2006/08/forest-aflame.html

Cheers!

JPK said...

Hehe,

"Wild heart, child heart, all of the world your home...
Glad heart, mad heart, what can you do but roam? "

Good one, 1

Keep posting,

Jude

Reji said...

Wow!! That was really very very nice... I too have a small blog which is mostly borrowed stuff and little originals here and there..

http://www.karma-thecause.blogspot.com/

Love,
Reji

Reji said...

"The Wanderlust will claim me at the finish for its own...
For the Wanderlust has ruled me,
And the Wanderlust has schooled me,"
- Liked these the best.. For some strange reason it reminds me of our school days.. and the bus stories and the adventure club and all.. Truly imginative kids we were.... :)

Sylvia said...

hi reji, i've seen your blog...it's good...i'm just trying to overcome the beginner's shyness...